Find wild dolphins and go exploring into the sea of Jeju
Meet the wild dolphins
swimming across the seas of Jeju.
Take to the seas in search of
wild dolphins with the captains
who know the seas better than anyone.
Have you ever seen wild dolphins
swimming across the sea?
The “Jeju Wild Dolphin Watching” program
takes us to a side of Jeju never seen before.
Have a thrilling experience at the southwestern coast of Jeju,
where the wild dolphins are most likely to appear!
Discover Jeju has opted to use Jeju fishermen’s ships
as dolphin exploration vessels, rather than
luxurious yachts or cruise ships.
Dolphins have been designated as an endangered species
and are subject to protection.
However, fishermen are not really pleased to
see dolphins when they are fishing
because dolphins drive fish away or
sometimes caught in the net, causing fishery losses.
Nevertheless, if dolphins become an additional source
of tourism revenue, fishermen might take
the lead in protecting dolphins!
Thus, our wild dolphin discovery tour with
native Jeju fishermen is not an expensive yacht tour,
but a win-win tourism product that is offered to
tourists at a reasonable price.
Our package is perfect for those who love dolphins,
those who are interested in protecting wild dolphins,
or those who want to ride across the blue seas.
Are there really wild dolphins in Jeju?
Jeju’s seas are home to about 120 Indo-Pacific bottlenose dolphins.
They were quite a common sight to the people of the coast,
who often saw them while swimming or on a fishing boat.
Jedori, Chunsami, Sampari, Taesani, and Boksuni,
who were freed from dolphin shows in Jeju,
have recently been joined by Geumdeung and Daepo
thanks to the support and love of many people.
They have even managed to have baby dolphins!
Wild Dolphin Watching on Broadcast
<KBS2 "The Return of Superman">
- Assembly and Roll Call
- Captain’s instructions and interesting story about dolphins
- Wearing a life jacket and boarding the ship
- Visit to an area dolphins are known to frequent[Mac Kim 1]
- Encounter with dolphins
- Return to port
- Life jacket
- Boat and dolphin watching cruise fee
- Do not approach a dolphin within a radius of 50 m.
- Be careful when approaching and observing dolphins,
and reduce speed when sailing within 50 meters of a dolphin.
- Do not touch and feed the dolphins.
- Do not make sudden or loud noises around the dolphins.
- Voucher is only valid for selected dates and time slots
- Please adhere to safety regulations and rules aboard the boat
-Please do not feed or touch dolphins
- Boat will depart on time, please arrive promptly at meeting point
- If total number of passengers is below 5 (the minimum requirement for this trip),
you will be informed 1 days prior to departure
14-33, Dongilhamo-ro 98beon-gil, Daejeong-eup, Seogwipo-si, Jeju-do, Korea
|Number of days prior to reservation||Cancellation fee|
|4day(s) or more||Full refund|